Logitech G today released the PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing pedals, an amazing new setup for pro-level racing, designed with and for professional sim racers. Geared to deliver the most realistic and immersive racing experience possible, the PRO Racing Wheel incorporates a new high-performance Direct Drive motor coupled with TRUEFORCE feedback technology to deliver the most accurate and authentic connection.
“The PRO Racing Wheel from Logitech makes the driving simulation experience incredibly realistic. I can feel the track conditions and how the car changes during the race, which is an unprecedented leap in quality. When I use this wheel at home, I feel like I’m on the track,” says McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris.
The PRO Racing Wheel’s new Direct Drive motor is capable of generating an impressive 11 Newton meters of force with low latency response. When combined with TRUEFORCE – a high-definition force simulation technology exclusive to Logitech G – the Direct Drive motor delivers unmatched racing realism with higher response rates than ever before. As a result, sim drivers can now experience the physical reality and audio of the game with much higher levels of precision and near-instantaneous response that includes everything from road conditions to engine vibrations.
“Fans of our racing wheels and pedals will experience a serious improvement in realism, performance and control, as well as design and durability,” Richard Neville, Logitech Gaming’s Head of Simulation and Controllers. “We’ve looked at everything from how many gear changes, turns and impacts an 11 newton flywheel can withstand, to what materials and components will last even in the harshest of race conditions.”
The result is a PRO racing wheel system that delivers unrivaled realism, driver insights and connection to the car, without the delay or abstraction that professional sim racers demand.
Designed for professional drivers, the PRO Racing wheel features:
- Intuitive Steering Wheel Design: Buttons and dials are precisely positioned within reach of both thumbs so racers never have to take their hands off the wheel or their eyes off the road.
- Magnetic Shift Paddles – Engineered with a magnetic system using non-contact hall effect sensors and additional tactile magnets, resulting in a realistic mechanical feel that accurately simulates a professional race car, along with the durability of millions of shifts marching.
- Dual Clutch Paddles: Analogue paddles offer perfect tactile feedback for a wide variety of race modes. When set up as a dual-clutch setup, they offer the perfect advantage when you hit the grid. Alternative configurations include a handbrake and two additional axes, so racers can program the paddles as throttle and brake, offering analog control for different riders.
- Customizable Settings Screen: Whether drivers need different settings for different racing titles, or different car models within the same title, they can easily configure important steering wheel settings within five different racing profiles while racing.
- Quick Release Mount: The redesigned clamping system allows desktop racers to easily mount and remove their wheel, while retaining the standard screw holes for those who want to mount their PRO Wheel to a racing seat.
PRO Racing pedals have a realistic load cell brake and can be fully customized to suit racing setups and styles. Its key features include:
- Pressure Sensing: The pedals register the force riders apply, allowing for improved muscle memory and the perfect amount of stopping power, thus improving rider feel and delivering more consistent racing performance.
- Customizable Pedals: Players can quickly and easily adjust the feel of the three pedals. The clutch and throttle pedals can be set firmer or softer via a set of interchangeable springs and the brake pedal via a choice of elastomers. Both the accelerator and clutch pedals also use non-contact Hall effect sensors, which guarantees their longevity.
- Modular Design: Each pedal can be moved horizontally to create the perfect space for each rider, and removable pedal modules make customization a breeze.
Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel is available in two versions, one compatible with PC, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 consoles, and one compatible with PC, Xbox Series X|S® and Xbox One®.
Logitech G PRO Racing Pedals are compatible with Windows® 10/11 PCs via a USB port, and if connected to the PRO Racing Wheel: Xbox Series X|S®, Xbox One®, PlayStation®5, or PlayStation® 4
The Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals have been unveiled at the inaugural Logitech Logi Play event, an unprecedented event celebrating the culture of gaming and streaming.
Price and availability
Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals are expected to be available at LogitechG.com and in stores worldwide in September 2022 for a suggested retail price of €1,099 (wheel) and €389 (pedals).